myspace web counter

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Goodbye Keith, your legacy lives on

A very sad news came last week with the announcement of Keith Wilson's death on July 6th. If Expo 67 showed me what I liked in design, Keith Wilson showed me who I was as far as design is concerned. I immediately identified with the sets of Space: 1999 and it felt like home the minute I saw it for the first time. My taste in design crystallized at this moment and it became immutable for time inconceivable! Keith took the very best of the 60s and 70s design and put it in one place and that gave us the visuals of Space: 1999, a work of art, simply a masterpiece. I'm glad we had the chance to meet you in 2000. Those memories will be cherished forever. Thank you Keith for giving us so much beauty. We, the Space: 1999 fans, will never forget you.